Friday, February 19, 2010

Going well.

The transfer to BK is going well. The staff is super great and the head BK attorney is really cool. They, and when I say they, I mean the staff, were making fun of him b/c he is over 40 and rides a BMX at the bike park (yes, he actually gets in the half pipe and tries/does tricks). He gets after it and has the bruises to prove it. I said, "Just give me ten years, I'll be like 'Fuck yeah, I still skate, I'm a derby girl.'" They just roared with laughter. Work, is work. I just want to enjoy it. I still have my civil files and still have to consult with SFT but its OK. I had a talk with the Partner earlier this week , the real partner who actually owns the Firm, and told her (yes, the Partner is a her and I have to admit she is awesome) that I was considering other positions and was most likely going to quit b/c I did not get along with SFT but for the transfer to BK. She didn't quite react but there was a shift in her position and a change in the angle of her head. I believe she heard me. Don't get me wrong, I do not think that I am indispensable. I know that I have to work to live and am at the mercy of others. It is a fact of life for most. It was only by whatever divine intervention that I landed at the Firm. I know my position and am OK with it. I actually have no aspirations to own my own business; I don't want that kind of responsibility -- however much I covet the independence. But I think that is it: I know my position. Do you?
Perhaps that sounds cocky, but for all intents and purposes, if one is content with her/his position in life, whatever position it is, shouldn't that be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment